We are on a mission to build a simple, fast, and cost-effective open peer review service for all reserach.
Our vision is that scholarly communication will move towards a publish, review, curate model.
Researchers can post preprints on reputable servers then seek open peer review, organised by PeerRef, afterwards. Scholarly journals, communities and innovative services can focus on the curation and discoverability of research.
Goals and intentions
By offering open journal-independent peer review, we aim to:
- Verify Preprints, providing a low-cost alternative to journal publication
- Acknowledge referees for providing peer review
- Reduce repeated peer review at multiple journals
- Increase trust in referees, rather than journal titles
- Put an end to journal-specific formatting before peer review
- Increase the prevalence of peer reviewed negative results and replication studies
- Provide constructive feedback for for researchers at any stage of research
- Reduce the cost of open research